Saturday, March 31, 2012

Mini-Meatball Italian Wedding Soup

This is the soup that Little Man and I love to make together!  He loves helping out, he loves to cook, and he loves getting his hands in the "mooshy" meatball mix and rolling meatballs.  Like my other cooking posts, because I love to taste a little bit of everything in one bite, I dice the carrots (not chop), as well as the onion and celery.  Because I am not a fan of veal, I don't bother with the "trifecta" of meats.  I use a very lean ground beef.  You won't notice the difference because the parmesan and nutmeg make every bit of difference in the world.  They become the basis for the flavor in the meatballs.  The best pasta to use in the small macaroni (small salad-style) ring pasta.  For the spinach I never seem to use one whole pound, I'm afraid it might take over the soup, as well as take away from what it is.  I use whatever amount I feel like, rolling it and slicing it into thin strips.  

No comments:

Post a Comment